Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Sullen Days of November

For me, November is one of the worst hiking months of the year. The weather isn't always the greatest. The flora and fauna are diminishing until the spring. The human population in the woods is higher due to the hunters. I personally do not hunt but I do respect the hunters. Hunting season for some is only time they get out in the woods. If I were a hunter, I would probably get pissed off if I made it to my "spot" in a stealthy manner, sitting for three hours waiting for my trophy buck and some hiker tromped through leaving no chance for that kill. I am fortunate to live close enough to Pine Hill which is a great walk but with recent rainfalls it is a wet walk. Ah, November....
From Tim's Vista in Pine Hill Park, Rutland, Vermont. Blue Ridge Mountain in the foreground



 Daddy-Doo


 Jobiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment