Friday, August 19, 2011

LT Thru-hike: Postponed

Life is a series of moments and events that although even with the best planning, routines etc, can change unexpectedly. These moments need to be prioritized. Being ready and with 12 days to go before my scheduled LT thru-hike I regretfully have to announce that due to some recent personal events in my life that need to be taken care of as a top priority, I have no choice but to postpone it some. It sucks because I have been planning and training for over a year and I'm ready to go but something came up that I need to take care of before I can do this glorious hike. I am hoping that it wont be postponed for too long... a few weeks maybe? I'm really unsure at this moment but I will not start the hike after October 1st either... It will have to wait until next year. The trail will still be there and so will I.


I will have some time to do some day hiking in the stead and possibly a night or two out but I can't go on a thru-hike for a month's time until I know I can go comfortably and know that all is taken care of. What's the saying? "C'est la vie"

:~)

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes for everything at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to hear that Joe. I was looking forward to reading about your up and coming travels. You're right though, the trail will always be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes! The trail will definitely always be there though, like you said. When you finally do get out there I bet you will be even more excited to do it. I can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete