Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pittsford Ice Caves

July 29, 2011

I first heard of the Pittsford Ice caves when I was a teen and had always wanted to explore them. In January of 2008 my lifelong friend Jeff and I set out to find them with a GPS and a Geo-cache coordinate. We followed a straight line only to find ourselves 100 feet above the ravine that they lay in. We ended up meandering around and located the entrance. Unfortunately that day there was too much ice covering the access ladder that brings you down into the main rooms. Since then, I have been to these caves many times in different conditions. This recent trip was the second time this year that I visited them. The first time this year the caves were not quite explorable due to ice. This was in May... specifically Mothers Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment