Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Days of May

April 9, 2011 Bald Mt Trail
Where did April go? I kick myself in the butt for not getting out as much. With crappy weather and some of life's other commitments the month just flew by. I did less than 10 miles on the trails in 3 trips for the month...May is looking better already.

Itinerary for May:

I would be a hypocrite If I published a blog about mud season and then go out and freely tromp up the trails. I will gladly hit up some of the easier, lower trails and stay off the higher trails. There are a few work parties scheduled on the Long Trail that I would like to volunteer for. It's also time to inspect the Canty trail or at least the lower wet areas that need new puncheons. Since a report is due tomorrow I need to get up there after I publish this. On Memorial Day weekend the state lands open back up and the summer hiking season officially begins. I will backpack section 6 of the Long Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment